Let’s face it, the standard American diet is just plain wrong. With tons of processed foods, fast foods, and GMO in it, our bodies go through a lot of turmoil in just a single day.
And it is not just about the horrible and harmful ingredients that go into everything; it is also about what this so-called food does to the body’s pH levels.
Our bodies are meant to be in an alkaline state, and if we’re eating too much processed food, there is a high chance that we’re also eating too many acidic foods.
When eating acidic foods, the pH level in the blood can change from normal alkaline to harmful acidic.
An acidic condition of the body will greatly affect the immune system and make you more exposed to sickness.
Even if do not have worries about the pH levels in your blood (because you simply eat enough healthy foods per day), these 27 most alkaline foods will benefit your body for many other reasons while adding to its overall wellbeing.
5 Most Alkaline Foods
1. Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is an excellent alkaline vegetable with anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, as well as an ability to eliminate the free radicals from your body.
Any type of melon is very good for cleaning your colon, and at a pH level of 8.5, they are ultra-alkaline. Watermelon is especially beneficial for the body because it contains lots of fiber and 92% water.
Buckwheat is an excellent option if you want to remove wheat from your diet! This grain will ignite your day by boosting your energy and even has cardiovascular disease preventive properties.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil is abundant with vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
5. Flax Seed
Not only is it alkaline, but flax seed also contains a lot of vitamin E and fiber. Flax seed can help to reduce inflammation and hot flashes in menopausal females.
Other Important Alkaline Foods
• Avocado – has good monounsaturated fats to keep your heart healthy.
• Bananas – When ripe, bananas can an outstanding superfood!
• Berries – not only delicious, but they are also a great source of antioxidants.
• Carrots – this important vegetable is a rich source of beta-carotene and improves the eyesight.
• Garlic – helps to regulate the blood pressure.
• Broccoli – it’s good to steam this green vegetable to get benefits for lowering your cholesterol.
• Grapes – abundant with antioxidants and multivitamins, grapes are known to lower the blood pressure.
• Pineapple – excellent solution for weight loss.
• Alfalfa Sprouts – easy to digest and abundant with enzymes that will keep your hormones balanced.
• Lemons – they are among the most alkalizing foods, which also help with treating flu, cold, and cough.
• Brussels Sprouts – they contain cancer preventive properties.
• Sauerkraut – it is very rich with probiotics to maintain good gut flora.
• Cauliflower – this vegetable can be used as a very healthy alternative for bread.
• Grapefruit – it is an excellent source of vitamin C and A.
• Seaweeds – they are powerful acid reducers contain a lot of iron as well.
• Quinoa – this gluten-free grain maintain healthy levels of blood sugar.
• Cucumber – it contains 90% water that will give your skin a healthy and youthful looks.
• Parsley – it is one of the most alkaline vegetables which will also clean your intestines.
• Spinach – this is the top, vitamin-boosted green leafy vegetable.
• Oranges – not only delicious, but also excellent for eliminating a cold.
• Papaya – it is an amazing natural laxative which will give you a clean colon.
• Mango – also very good for cleaning your colon.