These four healthy and very delicious lunch recipes make it very easy for you to track your calories during the entire week long.
They will keep you fed, satisfied and packed with healthy nutrients. The best of all is that they all contain no more than 400 calories.
With these lunch choices you can both enjoy a great meal and keep your calories in control.
Greek Chopped Pita Salad
• Two cups of romaine lettuce
• 2 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
• Half a cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
• Half a cup of cucumber, sliced
• 1 whole wheat pita, chopped
• 2 tbsp. low-fat vinaigrette
Herbed Tomato and Cheese Sandwich
• 6 oz. low-fat cottage cheese
• One garlic clove, minced
• Two tbsp. chopped fresh chives
• Pinch of salt and black pepper
• 1 whole-grain bagel
• 4 slices of tomato
• One orange
Instructions for preparation: put the cottage cheese in a blender and blend it until it gets smooth. Add also the chives, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Spread this mixture on the bagel and top it with the tomato slices. Our suggestion is to enjoy this meal with one fresh orange.
Tuscan Tuna Wrap
• 3 oz. light tuna, drained
• 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
• Half a lemon, juiced
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Half a cup of tomatoes, diced
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• 2 whole-grain tortillas
• Half a cup of baby spinach
How to make this recipe: mix the tuna with the tomatoes, parsley, oil, lemon and salt and pepper. Then wrap in the tortillas with this mixture and top them with the baby spinach.
Caesar Turkey Wrap
• One ten-inch whole-grain tortilla
• Half a cup of shredded romaine lettuce
• One tbsp. of Caesar salad dressing
• One apple
• Two and a half oz. turkey breast, sliced
This amount of the ingredients is enough for a single serving of this recipe. In one serving of this recipe there are a total of 396 calories, 11 grams of total fat, 58 grams of carbs, 8 grams of fiber, 20 grams of protein.
Instructions for preparation: fill the tortilla with the turkey breast, romaine lettuce and the Caesar salad dressing. Serve and enjoy this meal with an apple.