7. Softens Dry Lips
Soft and elastic lips greatly add to a person’s beauty, and honey is an amazing product in the prevention or treatment of dry and coarse lips.
Honey has a moisturizing ability which helps bring back the lost moisture of the lips and prevent any painful cracks. Moreover, honey prevents your cracked lips from getting infected.
• Spread some honey to your lips with your finger several times a day, same as a lip balm.
• Also, prepare a lip scrub using honey and sugar in the ratio of 1:2. Stir these ingredients well and use the mixture for a gentle scrub on your lips for two minutes.
Scrubbing your lips with this mixture eliminates dead skin cells. Thanks to this lip scrub you will enjoy smooth and soft lips.
Meanwhile, you need to stop licking your lips because your saliva will dry them out. Also, be sure to drink a lot of fluids and keep your body hydrated.
8. Honey Will Make Your Hands Soft
Many people deal with dry and rough hands, but you can easily solve this issue using honey. Honey has humectant properties that lock in moisture that keeps your hands very smooth and soft.
In addition, honey aids the fight against damage by free radicals, preventing signs of aging from showing on your hands.
• Rub a little honey all over your hands and wait for ten to fifteen minutes. Then, take a shower or bath. After that, put a bit of mild moisturizer on your hands. Repeat daily to make your hands soft and nice.
• You can also combine an equal amount of glycerin and honey. Spread this mixture on your hands and let it completely dry off.
Then, wash your hands with lukewarm water. Use this treatment once a day.
9. Honey Heals Minor Burns
Honey can be used for treating minor or first-degree burns which are marked by redness and damage only the peripheral layer of the skin.
Thanks to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of honey, this super food can reduce the swelling very quickly, prevent infection and speed up the overall healing process.
It also lowers the chances of developing scars.
1. Apply raw honey on a gauze bandage.
2. Put it directly on your burned area.
3. Change the bandage tree or four times per day.
4. Repeat the procedure until your burn is healed.
10. Honey Treats Your Dry Or Damaged Hair
Honey is rich with minerals and vitamins which benefit your hair, and also acts as a moisturizing agent to keep your skin moisturized.
Therefore, honey is an effective solution in the treatment of dry and damaged hair.Honey even calms an itchy scalp and conditions the hair so it regains its smooth and soft appearance.
1. Mix quarter cup of extra-virgin olive oil and half a cup of raw honey in a bowl.
2. Warm this mixture in the microwave for several seconds.
3. Apply it on your scalp and work it through to the ends of your hair.
4. Let it remain like that for ten to twenty minutes.
5. Wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
6. Do this treatment two times a week until you are get satisfying results.