4. Honey Fights Acne
The reason for acne is the excessive oil secretion as well as trapped dust combined with oil inside the skin pores which create thriving conditions for bacteria growth.
Since honey contains anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, it can decrease acne symptoms and prevent infection on your skin.
It will also keep your skin well moisturized and shiny, thanks to its excellent nutrients.
• Spread raw honey on the acne area and the surrounding skin. Let it stay for half an hour, and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment two or three times per day.
• Another solution is to mix well half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of honey. Spread this mixture on your affected area. Let it sit for fifteen minutes, and wash it off well with warm water. Do this once or two times a day.
5. Honey Prolongs Skin Aging
As honey contains many antioxidants, it will protect your skin from any cell damage done by free radicals.
Free radicals speed up the aging process and may result with wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin and even crow’s-feet.
Honey also maintains the moisture on your skin, which is one of the factors for youthful and shiny skin.
• Mix well an equal amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice and raw honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck area. Let it dry on its own, and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
• Another solution is to mix well two tablespoons of avocado pulp and two tablespoons of raw honey. Apply the mask over the face and neck using your fingers.
Let it stay for a minimum of half an hour, and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this face treatment once a week.
6. Honey Inhibits Hair Loss
If you are concerned with hair loss, you can use honey to avoid baldness. Honey contains antioxidants as well as fungicidal and germicidal properties which reduce hair loss and stimulate new hair to grow.
You can also use honey to regulate dandruff, which is one of the factors that lead to hair loss.
• Combine a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of onion juice. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair roots and massage the area. Let it remain like that for half an hour, and wash your hair with a shampoo as usual. Repeat this treatment two times a week.
• Also, you can make a hair mask with an equal amount of yogurt and honey. Apply the mask on a wet hair. Let it stay for thirty to forty minutes and wash your hair with a shampoo. Repeat this hair loss remedy twice or thrice a week.